The ballgames are over. The pullers have pulled out. All the corn has been eaten. And personally, I’m so full I simply could not eat another pork-chop sandwich. Hey, but we are not done yet! Bringing Cornfest to a close is the much-anticipated auction and raffle. The crowd was enthusiastic. The bidding was fierce. And all the winners had huge smiles on their faces.
Here are the winners from the Darien Cornfest raffle:
- $1000 cash from Farm City Elevator, Inc. and Complete Feed Service, LLC = Bill Holden, Delavan
- $200 cash from First National Bank = Bill Laux, Delavan
- $200 cash from Darien Super Mart = Jake Moore, Walworth
- Pig and Processing, Sorg’s Quality Meat and Sausage [on Facebook] = Bruile Linhart, Harvard
- $200 gift card from Stinebrink’s Piggly Wiggly = Bonnie Moyer, Delavan
- ½ beef and processing from W/W Trucking, Inc. = Lilly Schaefer, Elkhorn.
Congratulations to all the winners. And please support all those companies that contributed. Check out their website and most importantly visit their stores and help support the local economy.